Research fellow (Postdoc)
Welcome to Anabrid, a vibrant deep tech startup concentrating on building the most efficientclassical (non-quantum) computer architecture. Enter with us this very fruitful domain ofnon-traditional computing paradigms at the truly interdisciplinary interface within a broadrange of applications as well as fundamental science. Anabrid is seeking to build up a newresearch center at the Ulm innovation center, powered by the German Aerospace Center(DLR). Here we do not only want to do bleeding edge science on analog quantum simulation butalso develop the first large analog computer which really can be a contender for current-dayquantum computing applications.
- You develop classical analog compute circuits for simulating analog and digital quantum computers or to solve a broad range of differential equations, such as Schrödinger's equation.
- You conduct a largely independent research program within the scientific neighbourhood (DLR and Ulm University).
- You supervise students and support group members for gaining the challenges in your field.
- Outstanding PhD in Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics or similar studies.
- Programming experience in a scientific programming language such as Julia, Python, Fortran or C.
- Excellent track of publications.
- Communicative skills, above-average English (spoken and written) and German.
- Experience in the domain of quantum computing and/or condensed matter physics.
- Work results which demonstrate contributions to (ideally open sourced) codes, preferably in the scientific domain.
- Record of outreach and science communication activities.
What you get from us
- An indefinite contract in private research: The thrilling atmosphere of a startup combined with the safety and stabilty of an academic environment.
- A vibrant focussed and international team with lot's of academic affiliations and possibilities for academic qualification (i.e. habilitation) or other means of carrier growth.
- The option to take over leadership responsibilities in a rapidly growing team.
- An upright culture of largely producing open source codes and open hardware.
- Naturally, access to the best tools thanks to generous and secure funding.
- Flexbility and self-responsibility with respect to workplace and times, in particular with respect to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. You won't have a classical "boss".