Research Assistant Quantum Computing (PhD candidate)
Welcome to Anabrid, a vibrant deep tech startup concentrating on building the most efficient classical (non-quantum) computer architecture. Enter with us this very fruitful domain of non-traditional computing paradigms at the truly interdisciplinary interface within a broad range of applications as well as fundamental science. Anabrid is seeking to build up a new research center at the Ulm innovation center, powered by the German Aerospace Center (DLR). Here we do not only want to do bleeding edge science on analog quantum simulation but also develop the first large analog computer which really can be a contender for current-day quantum computing applications.
- You develop classical analog compute circuits for simulating analog and digital quantum computers or to solve a broad range of differential equations, such as Schrödinger's equation.
- You conduct a well-defined set of projects with a clear road for allowing you to conduct relevant research for obtaining a degree (PhD) in cooperation with a supervisor at the university.
- You get support by skilled scientists at Anabrid as well as assistance by student interns/trainees. Within the environment of Ulm University and DLR, you can get the best of both worlds (company and academic).
- Outstanding Master degree in Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics or similar studies (such as engineering or life sciences).
- At least one year of programming experience.
- Communicative skills, above-average English (spoken and written) and German.
- Ideally, you already got in touch with several programming languages and paradigms, or with some scientific/technical programming language (such as Python, Julia, Matlab or Mathematica).
- Ideally, you already made a scientific publication.
- Ideally, you already have some basic experience in the domain of quantum computing and/or condensed matter physics.
What you get from us
- An indefinite contract in private research: The thrilling atmosphere of a startup combined with the safety and stabilty of an academic environment.
- A vibrant focussed and international team with lot's of academic affiliations and possibilities for academic qualification (i.e. PhD/habilitation) or other means of carrier growth.
- A young team of highly engaged people. Where other people fear their an unproductive year of carrying out a PhD, you can profit from support.
- If you like our company, there is always the option to take over leadership responsibilities on the long term.
- An upright culture of largely producing open source codes and open hardware.
- Naturally, access to the best tools thanks to generous and secure funding.
- Flexbility and self-responsibility with respect to workplace and times, in particular with respect to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Send your Resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put all attachments (letter, CV, references) into a single PDF file.
All kind of Software jobs
Research & Development
Scientists in various domains
A/D Integrated Circuit design
Organization and Administration